MSN recently posted this article showing us 25 foods to help you never feel old and I agree with most of it. (Read original article here.)
However, as a weight loss expert I do not advise people to consume dairy. I have had many clients discover an unknown sensitivity to dairy and it does not help with weight loss one iota. Also, you can find some interesting information about the dairy and inflammation link but I digress. To summarize I’ve created my own top 5 favorite foods that will help you feel young and won’t add to your waistline.
Top 5 favorite foods to help you feel young and stay fit!
- Kale: This is #1 in my book. No other green food is as satisfying or as packed with nutrients like iron and protien. Not to mention one serving of kale provides your daily intake of Vitamin A and has more Vitamin C than an orange! I especially love my easy homemade Kale chips. Email me and I’ll send you the recipe!
- Green Tea: I love all teas but green tea holds most of the value. Green tea is specifically named in many anti-cancer diets and it is full of antioxidants “nature’s anti aging molecules.” And because of its delicate flavor, no cream and sugar are necessary like in coffee or black tea so you’re saving calories.
- Sweet Potatoes: Now listen, sweet potatoes are not merely a side dish for Thanksgiving, they should be eaten year round. With three times your daily dose of Vitamin A and lots of dietary fiber you can’t deny their power. You must try them grilled! Just chop and lightly dress them with olive oil and salt, wrap in aluminum foil and place right on the grill. If the weather doesn’t permit, cook them on the stove until you get a nice caramelization. Mmmmmmmm!
- Detox water: Most people I talk to say they don’t drink enough water. The reason they give? It doesn’t taste good. Well go ahead and scratch that off your list of excuses because here are some incredible water touch up recipes that will have you craving water in no time. Fruit infused water recipes Check out the bottom of the article to see the BEST recipe for infused water yet written by yours truly!
- Apples: They have just the right amount of sweetness to curb your sugar cravings and offer a hefty dose of fiber. On any given week you’ll find me eating organic Fugi apples sprinkled with cinnamon dipped in a smidge of almond butter. It’s the perfect snack.
So, what are your favorite healthy foods? As a yoga teacher I often pull from ancient teachings and apply them to today’s needs. Yogic wisdom teaches that when you are beginning a new habit like healthy eating, you must first add before you subtract. In other words, add these top 5 foods to your diet and then carefully take away the foods that don’t make you look and feel good. As a Hypnotherapist I also understand the power of the mind to help or harm your goals. Stay positive and focused on what you want in your life and soon you will realize you are living the life of your dreams.
Kellie Lupe-Smith is a certified Hypnotherapist and Yoga Teacher. She is the owner of Burbank Hypnosis and creator of Hypno Yoga™. Her mission is to help those who suffer from stress, weight issues or breaking bad habits so they can live the life they deserve. Her background includes Neuro Linguistics, Mindfulness Meditation, Yoga Philosophy and Advanced Hypnosis. Contact: www.burbankhypnosis.com (818) 850-8099